55″ LG Smart 4K UHD TV: $698 at Walmart
This well-priced television from Walmart isn’t just our pick for the best TV deal, it’s also got the #1 spot on our list of the Top 25 Black Friday Deals of 2015. Is is the biggest or cheapest 4K TV out there? No. But what you do get is a generously-sized Smart TV from a good brand for a good price. Plus, Walmart is treating this TV to it’s 1-Hour Guarantee, which means you really can actually get your hands on one.
P.S. If you prefer to shop online or just don’t want to leave Thanksgiving dinner, check out the 55″ LG 4K TV at Dell (pg 4) for only $1 more. They’re not precisely the same model, but the specs are pretty much the same.
We saw the first Black Friday discounts on 4K TVs last year, but 2015 is the year that 4K truly hit the mainstream. No longer is 4K a second page luxury item, now having been elevated to front cover doorbuster status. Looking at the selection and prices now, it’s hard to believe that just a year ago we were thrilled to find one for under $1,000.
Plus, with so many deals emerging on 4K, it’s driven the price of LED down to some eye-popping price lows. Check out that 32″ LED TV at Amazon. At $75, we’re not even really mad that our chances at grabbing one in Amazon’s blink-and-you’ll-miss-it lightning sale are slim to none. It just goes to show how affordable HDTVs are these days.
Even though Walmart took the top spot thanks to that 1-Hour Guarantee, Best Buy wins on depth and breadth this year, scoring more editors’ picks than any other retailer on our list – though Target is no slouch, Amazon will price match nearly everything, and hhgregg scores points with a nicely priced curved big screen entry. Bottom line: it’s a really, really good year to buy a TV.
Top Black Friday TV Deals for 2015:
- 43″ LG LED 2160p Smart 4K Ultra HD TV – $399.99 at Best Buy
- 55″ Element Smart 4K Ultra HD TV – $399.99 at Target
- 55″ Samsung Curved Smart 4K UHD TV – $998 at Walmart
- 60″ Samsung (or “Top-selling”) LED 2160p Smart 4K Ultra HD TV – $799.99 at Best Buy or Amazon**
- 65″ Vizio LED 2160p Smart 4K Ultra HD TV – $999.99 at Best Buy
- 65″ Samsung Curved 4K Ultra HD Smart TV – $1,498 at hhgregg
Other HD Televisions:
- 32″ LED TV (no brand or specs given) – $75 at Amazon**
- 32″ TCL Roku LED 720p Smart HDTV – $125 at Walmart and Amazon
- 40″ Samsung Smart 1080p LED TV + $20 Target Gift Card – $317.99 at Target
- 49” Toshiba LED 1080p HDTV – $149.99 at Best Buy
- 50″ 1080p LED TV (no brand given) – $149.99 at Amazon** (app only deal)
- 55″ Westinghouse 1080p LED TV – $249.99 at Target (limited quantities)
- 55″ Toshiba LED 1080p HDTV – $349.99 at Best Buy (in-store only)
**See our write up of how Amazon’s Black Friday sale works.