Nearly two weeks ago, we posted a rumor that Macy’s would open its doors at 8pm on Thanksgiving Day. Although it was unconfirmed at the time, with a leaked employee email to back it up, the rumor was as solid as they come.
Today, Macy’s finally confirmed that most stores nationwide will open on Thanksgiving Day for the first time in the company’s 155 year history. In a press release issued today, Macy’s cites “interest from customers who prefer to start their shopping early” as the reason for opening at 8pm – though it’s very likely that growing pressure from early bird competitors like Target and Toys R Us played a large role in their decision.
Along with the announcement of their store hours, Macy’s also released a sneak peek at their doorbusters. Here are just a handful of the deals you’ll find in the 2013 Macy’s Black Friday ad:
- Rampage Boots – $19.99 (regularly from $59.99)
- Charter Club Cashmere Crewneck – $39.99 (regularly $129.00)
- Your Choice Coffee Maker, Griddle, Waffle Maker, Rocket Blender, Toaster, Slow Cooker, Deep Fryer, Panini Maker, Pressure Cooker, Blenders, Toaster Oven and Skillet from Bella, Black & Decker and Westinghouse - $9.99 after $10 rebate (regularly from $39.99)
- 3/8 ct. t.w. Diamond Studs in 14k White Gold – $169.00 (regularly $389.00)
- Tag Fairfield III Five-piece Luggage Set – $49.99 (regularly $200.00)
- Martha Stewart Collection Collector’s Enameled Cast Iron Casseroles – 60% off + extra 10% off (regularly from $119.99)
- FREE 8-piece Deluxe Mini Scent Sampler with any $95 Fragrance purchase
- Buy 1 American Rag Junior’s Sweater, Dress, Jean, Top or Coat and Get 1 Free of Equal or Lesser Value
- Sharper Image Action Camera – $49.99 (regularly $110.00)
- Impulse Contemporary Apparel from Kensie, Lucky Brand, Miss Me, RACHEL Rachel Roy, and Bar III – 30% off
We can’t wait to get our hands on the final Macy’s Black Friday ad and share it with you! Be sure to check back often for all of the latest Black Friday ads and news.
Why wait for the newspaper? Check out all the leaked Black Friday ads on your iPhone or iPad and be the first to know when new ads arrive when you download Brad’s Black Friday app from iTunes!