UPDATE 10/1/13: Amazon will be hiring 70,000 seasonal workers for their U.S. network of warehouses, a 40% bump from last year’s holiday season employment numbers. Check below for a link to Amazon’s jobs page.
UPDATE 9/30/13: Macy’s announced today that they’ll be hiring 83,000 seasonal employees at both Macy’s and Bloomingdales this holiday season. We’ve appended this post to include links to both Macys’ and Bloomingdales’ jobs pages.
Last week we brought you news of retailers’ hiring plans for the upcoming holiday shopping season and how most retailers are forecasting fewer hires this season than last year as more and more people migrate online to get their holiday shopping done.
But that certainly doesn’t mean there won’t be opportunities for part or full-time seasonal work over the next few months. Retailers like Walmart, Target, Kohl’s, J.C. Penney, and Toys ‘R’ Us have all released their projected hiring numbers, with each retailer anticipating tens-of-thousands of hires this year.
If you’re in need of work this holiday season, or just looking to make some money on the side with a part-time job, there are plenty of opportunities at employment to be had right now. Below, you’ll find links to a few retailers’ careers pages where you can apply for work over the holidays as well as how many new people each retailer is looking to bring onboard.
- Amazon Jobs: Up 40% from last year, Amazon have announced their intent to hire 70,000 seasonal employees to fill out their expanding warehouse network in the U.S. and meet the demand of what they’re positively projecting to be a busy holiday shopping season.
- Macy’s Jobs / Bloomingdale’s Jobs: After making 80,000 seasonal hires between Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s stores in 2012, Macy’s Inc. is planning on hiring 83,000 seasonal associates this year, a 3.8% bump from last year. Macy’s & Bloomingdale’s are looking to fill positions in retail locations, call centers, and distribution and fulfillment centers across the U.S.
- Walmart Hiring Center: Walmart are expecting to hire 55,000 seasonal workers, up 10% from last year, to fill roles in the retail and distribution centers.
- Target Careers: Down 20% from last year’s nearly 85,000 hires, Target are still going to be hiring 70,000 new part and full-time seasonal employees for the holidays.
- Kohl’s Careers: Kohl’s are staying consistent and hiring 53,000 seasonal employees, a number that’s almost identical to how many hires they made this time last year.
- J.C. Penney Careers: With 35,000 seasonal jobs spread out over 1,100 retail locations, J.C. Penney have once again begun hiring temporary employees after cutting back on their holiday hires last year.
- Toys ‘R’ Us Careers: Toys ‘R’ Us are looking to bring on 45,000 new seasonal employees to their 10 distribution centers in order to help deal with holiday demand.
Why wait for the newspaper? Check out all the leaked Black Friday ads on your iPhone or iPad and be the first to know when new ads arrive when you download the Black Friday by BradsDeals app from iTunes!