Brad’s Deals just surveyed over 8,000 our top Black Friday Fanatics and we’re ready to make some bold holiday shopping predictions!
Black Friday is not dying, it’s evolving! Every year people predict that it’s the end of Black Friday, but each fall the hype gets bigger, it just changes. Black Friday as we know it; waiting in long lines over night, fighting for doorbusters in our pajamas, and meticulously planning driving routes from store to store may be on the way out. Black Friday may move entirely to mobile, but as long as people love getting great deals, it will never die.
Who was in the Brad’s Deals Holiday Shopping Study:
|Approx. Household Income||Breakdown|
What our respondents had to say:
|Where do you shop for Black Friday Deals?||Breakdown|
|Mostly online, but some in-store||43%|
|Mostly in-store, but some online||35%|
|What is most important to you when planning your Black Friday trip?
(choose all that apply)
|Thanksgiving Store Hours (Open at Midnight on Thursday or earlier)||20%|
|In-Store Black Friday Culture (Crowd management, perks to shoppers, customer service||23%|
|Likelihood of getting the deals I want||77%|
|How many stores, in person or online,
do you visit on Black Friday?
- Holiday shopping will start EARLY. We’ve already seen top holiday toy lists come out from major Black Friday retailers.
- Free Shipping Day is dead. Almost everyone does a free shipping deal just before the holidays and can usually do 2-day shipping as late as December 23rd.
- Stores with a combination of in-store and online promotions will be the most successful.
- Mobile Domination: With the release of the iPhone 5C, there will be more people using mobile devices to shop on Black Friday, even while they’re standing in line at the store!
- A small Thanksgiving Creep: Last year stores like Walmart started opening for Black Friday at 8:00 p.m. on Thanksgiving. We anticipate stores may move this up an hour to 7:00 p.m., but that any earlier sales will be taken online, so people can sit on the couch between dinner and dessert and shop from their phones instead of having their celebration cut short by a trip to the mall.
Embed this on your site
Infographic design by Katie Conway
Get all of the latest Black Friday ad leaks on your iPhone – download the Black Friday by BradsDeals app now!