Looking for the 2013 Black Friday deals? Find them here.
The countdown here at BradsDeals has officially started and it’s only 119 days until Black Friday! If you’re anything like us, that means beginning to think about preparing for the big day. What’s on your list this year? Whether it’s a TV, a tablet, or a something else you’ve been eying, we’ve got some tips on how to get ready for Black Friday now.
- Make sure it’s best to buy on Black Friday. Electronics will likely be at price lows where as toys and jewelry will probably experience a deeper discount later in the year. Do a quick search and you should be able to find when the product you want to buy is going to be heavily discounted. This chart from Consumer Report is also helpful.
- Start saving now. While items may be at rock bottom prices, that doesn’t mean you should spend all of November’s pay check on Black Friday items. Or even worse, more than you can afford. Put aside $15-20 per week and you could save up to $320 by Black Friday. Think you don’t have a dime to spare? Try packing your work lunch a couple days per week or driving less. If lunch out costs $7 and you get it three times per week, you could save $336 by December just by skipping it.
- Make a list. Don’t get caught up in the heat of the moment and purchase something you don’t need. Always ask yourself when you’ll use the item and how often. The bottom line is, do you need it?
- Find out where you’re spending Thanksgiving. If you’re going to Grandma’s house in the middle of no where, you’re going to have to duck out early if you want to take advantage of the sales. Look at how close you’ll be to your favorite stores and make a priority list of where you want to camp out.
- Check out BlackFriday.BradsDeals.com. Start checking our site days before and especially at midnight the night of Black Friday. We’ll have all the sales posted as we get them.
- Pick your partner. Black Friday shopping should be done with friends or family. Choose a partner who is patient, isn’t overwhelmed by crowds, and will help you get your hands on the prize. Someone who doesn’t mind missing a night of sleep and won’t lapse into a tryptophan induced coma is crucial too.
Good luck! What ways do you prepare for Black Friday? Let us know in the comments below!
Want more Black Friday news and the latest Black Friday Sales? Sign up for Brad’s Black Friday Alerts!